The other day I was having lunch in a local’s joint here in Steamboat called Azteca. If your ever on vaca here in the boat…you have to check this place out!
As I was eating HE walked in.
I couldn’t believe it was HIM. I have read all his books, he has been a mentor to me and he has significantly impacted the direction of my life.
So who is this HE that I am talking about??
Mr. John Eldredge. The wild man himself!!
In case you have never heard of John, I am sorry that you have been locked away for the past few years.
My friend that I was having lunch with is actually friends with John…so John and his wife Staci sat down and chatted for a while.
This was such a great moment for me, as I was able to thank him for the way that God had used him to impact me and Team Sprad.
So John has written a book called “Wild At Heart”, and in this book he uses the term “Father Wound.”
This is a wound that so many fathers inflict upon their kids. This wound can come from neglect, absence, abuse, control, lack of blessing and lack of affirmation.
As your reading this, some of you are standing up on the chair screaming…yeah, that’s me! My dad was never around, he loved worked more than me, he never told me he loved me and my dad abused me!!
We all have our father wounds because of what our dad’s did to us or said, but I also believe that we have father wounds because of what our dad’s never said.
10 Things Our Dad’s Never Said…
- “I really blew it! Will you forgive me for beating/disciplining you out of anger”
- “I want you to know that you are a gift from God and I am so blessed to be your father”
- “Here’s how you budget your money, balance a checkbook and save for retirement”
- “That girl your about to take out on a date…remember that she is God’s daughter”
- “Here is what God’s word says about how to be a man of character and integrity”
- “God has a plan for your life and he has given you gifts that He will use to change the world”
- “While you are at school today I want you to know that I will be praying for you”
- “When your fighting with your mom…just remember that I am on her side”
- ” I give you permission to let me know when I am scaring you”
- “I trust you to make the right decision”
PARENTS…Will you reverse the curse? Will you change history?
Don’t inflict the same father wound that was inflicted upon you!
Do you have a father wound?
What is 1 thing that you wish your father had told you?
If you liked this post, you should also check out…