A survey from RETREVO suggests that Facebook is becoming an online addiction, check out these statistics…
- 48% of people check Facebook in the middle of the night or as soon as they get up
- 56% of people check Facebook at least once a day
- 12% of people check Facebook check in every couple of hours
11 signs your addicted to Facebook:
- Forget peace & quiet in the bathroom! You check Facebook from your laptop or crackberry in the stall
- Your coolness factor depends on your Facebook friend totals
- You search for Facebook friends like an alcoholic searching for his next drink
- If no one comments on your Facebook status you start taking depression meds
- You have a game of Farmville and MafiaWars happening at the same time
- Your kids start complaining how much time you spend on Facebook
- Couch time with your spouse consists of looking at friends status updates
- While on a date with your kiddos you check Facebook from your mobile device
- You Facebook while driving
- Your relationship with your kiddos happens primarily through wall posts
- You encourage your kiddos to get a Facebook account before the legal age of 13
Parents…it is time to set time limits, cancel your account, give your kids permission to lovingly confront you when Facebook becomes King, get rid of the mobile app, let your kids take your phone when on a date and ask your spouse or friend to hold you accountable on your Facebook time.
ARE YOU ADDICTED TO FACEBOOK?
WHAT BOUNDARY WILL YOU PUT IN PLACE?