photo courtesy of stockfreeimages.com
Here’s an old skool post from back in the day…
Share this with every dad that you know!!
20 THINGS EVERY KID NEEDS TO HEAR DAD SAY
- You matter more to me than my job.
- Be who God made YOU to be!
- Dad APPROVES OF YOU PERIOD!
- Read Jeremiah 29:11 and make sure they know God has created them to CHANGE THE WORLD!
- I will turn off my “crackberry” during family time. If I do not, you have my permission to respectfully ask for my phone.
- No falls, no balls!
- You are going to blow it big time and hide it from dad. Step into the pain, accept the consequences and tell dad anyway! I will never stop loving you or treat you differently.
- Every dad should ask their kids the question, “do you think dad is a workaholic”? Get the answer straight from the place that matters.
- When your kids ask for money, tell them they have 48 hours to earn the money, help them devise a plan. My daughter did this and came home with double what she asked for.
- Dad’s too sexy for his shirt, to sexy for his shirt…. (jk)
- What can dad do for you today, to make life a little easier?
- Get on your knees in front of your kids…say I am sorry that I have wounded your heart. Will you forgive me for_______________________?
- If the kids are talking rudely to mom, all kids should hear their dad say… “don’t ever speak to my wife that way again”!
- All kids need to hear their dad pray.
- Every daughter need to hear dad say, “I will always protect, fight for and guard your heart”!
- Every daughter needs to hear dad say, “You are beautiful just like your mother”
- Every son needs to hear dad say, “When I get home from work, prepare to get your butt kicked”!
- Play the “secret” game with your kids…randomly ask them, “do you have a “secret” your keeping from mom and dad”?
- Tell the truth even if you know there is a painful consequence. I will always honor you for making the tough choice.
- And did i mention…pray OUT LOUD with your kids – this will change their life!
Anything I missed? Please share your thoughts…