We’re going retro again today! Back to 82! Back to the land of Generra, Parachute pants, Jams & Tiddies!! (remember those)
EpicParent.tv has hundreds of post’s that many of our new readers have never seen.
Here are 5 choices that destroy mother – child relationships:
1. CHOOSE SOFTNESS OVER STRENGTH: Mothers are wired to be nurturer’s, lovers and graceful. The reality is that nurturing taken to an extreme can create an attitude of disrespect for mom. Do you need to be stronger in parenting your children?
2. CHOOSE SCREAMING OVER CONVERSATION: Mom’s typically spend more time with their kids than dads do. Mom’s that are constantly changing diapers, helping with homework, disciplining and playing with kids can make mom short fused and choose screaming over peaceful conversation. If this describes you, your kids will take this and pass this down from generation to generation.
3. CHOOSE PEACE OVER CONFRONTATION: Do you allow your husband to speak death, yell or control your kids? If so, your kids will resent the fact that you did not stand up for them. Mom’s must learn to confront unruly fathers (with love and respect) and protect their kids. If this forces you into a dangerous situation you need to get counsel immediately.
4. CHOOSE DEPENDENCE OVER INDEPENDENCE: I have made a vow that I will never make another school lunch as long as I live! I hate making lunches, but I realized that my kids are actually old enough and sharp enough to make a sandwich. Mom’s that coddle their kids too much and do too much for them are training their kids to be dependent not independent. Mom’s, what do you need to stop doing for your kids?
5. CHOOSE TV OVER BOREDOM: Does your hellavision and computer screen baby sit your children? Choose boredom over television and you will see your kids capacity for creativity and their entrepreneurial spirit grow.
Do you have 1 to add? What is one choice that you have made that hurt your relationship with your daughter?