- THE “YOU ARE NOT WHAT THEY SAY YOU ARE” CONVERSATION: Our kids are growing up in a brutal world of bullies, meanies and stupid butt heads! Last week my daughter had a couple of bullies gang up on her and tell her that she was ugly! What did dad do? I grabbed my bat and headed up to the school to take care of business. Not really, but I definitely wanted to open up a can! Instead, mom and I sat down with her and repeatedly told her that she IS NOT what people say about her, but SHE IS what Jesus says about her.
- THE “BEAUTY OF A WOMAN IS NOT IN THE CLOTHES SHE WEARS OR THE CURVES OF HER FIGURE” CONVERSATION: Take a stroll through the grocery check out counter and you will see how our world measures beauty. The girls with the largest boobies, hour glass figures and air brushed faces are considered to be the real “10′s” of the world. Men, your daughters need you to teach them that true beauty should not be measured by WHO WE ARE but by WHOSE WE ARE. That’s right, our daughters must be taught to accept the fact that they are beautiful NOT because of what they see in the mirror (or don’t see in the mirror) but because they have been created in the image of true beauty. Psalm 139:14-18
- THE “GIVE YOURSELF TO GOD NOT A HAIRY LEGGED BOY” CONVERSATION: The rate at which girls are loosing their innocence is growing at an alarming rate. Girls are rounding second base and heading towards third as early as elementary school and young ladies are “sexting” and sending top shots of themselves thinking this will land them the boyfriend they have been dreaming of. Dads, we must teach our daughters that there is only 1 person that deserves our entire being and that is the Heavenly Father himself.
- THE “DON’T BE AFRAID TO TALK TO ME” CONVERSATION: If your home is anything like mine, there are just some things that my daughter does not want to discuss with dad. And honestly, there are just some things that I don’t want her discussing with dad…like wings and strings conversations, I just don’t bring much to the table on that kind of stuff. However, I think it is important that every father take the time to ensure his daughter that he is always available and ready to listen to anything and everything that she has to say. Again, I don’t think it’s a good idea that dad tries to step into the mom role, but it is important that she know that he is always ready to listen without judgement.
- THE “I LOVE YOU” CONVERSATION: Dads, your daughter just needs to hear you say “I LOVE YOU” and you had better say it over, and over, and over, and over again!! If you don’t, she’ll find another man to tell her.
What is 1 conversation you need to have with your daughter?
If you liked this post, you should also check out…
- Dancing with the stars, here comes Team Sprad
- 15 things to tell your teenage daughter before she closes her eyes
- 5 things every parent MUST DO
- 5 things every daughter needs from her dad
- 5 choices that destroy father child relationships