- LOVE GOD MORE THAN WOMEN: We have a sexual pandemic that is attacking and destroying the heart of boys! Family Safe Media says that the largest viewers of internet porn is children between the ages of 12 and 17. Our young boys are becoming fascinated with boobs and rounding third base! As parents, we must specifically and intentionally teach our boys that our number one call in life is to love God more than women! “Love God with our heart, soul and mind.” For more information on the sexual pandemic attacking our young boys, read HERE.
- DO HARD THINGS: Can I rant for just a second!!?! I am sick and tired of parents that do all the dishes, make their kids school lunches, take out the trash, do the laundry, mow the yard, buy designer whatever, don’t make their kids work, and allow their kids to vegetate in front of the hellavision! I jack a lot of things up as a parent, but this is one area that Team Sprad get’s right! My oldest son Cole worked at a farm the summer of his fourth grade year and my other kiddos have done the same. Parents!! It is time to turn off the TV, Xbox, ipod, ipad, computer and shut down the Sigmund The Sea Monster re-runs and MAKE THEM WORK! Read this article from my 13 year old son called ACCEPTIBLE CHILD ABUSE.
- STAND ALONE: Last year my son went to his first Jr. High dance. He said the 6th graders were bumping, grinding and having sex with their clothes on. Cole had finally had enough so he decided to walk outside. Several minutes later a group of his friends ran outside to check on him and invite him back in to the dry humping session and his response was… ”That’s not me! And you guys need to learn how to treat girls with some respect!!” BAM!! As parents we must teach our kids to stand alone! And we must teach this lesson again, again, again, again, again, and guess what!! AGAIN! Check out the post, TEACH YOUR KIDS TO STEP INTO THE PAIN.
- RECONGNIZE ADULTS: There is a boy on Cole’s football team named Ethan Labriola. And let me just say…Ethan is a stud! He will knock your head off if your on the opposing football team and knock you out with one karate chop (can you say black belt). But that is not why I think Ethan is a stud, it is because every time I am in the vicinity, he makes his way over to me, gives me a firm hand shake and tells me hello. Ethan’s parents have taught this young boy to recognize adults, honor adults, shake adults hands and look them square in the eye. To be honest, I am sick of arrogant kids that walk right past adults acting like they never exist! Parents, sit down and have a conversation with your kiddos and teach them to recognize and honor adults in the room. Check out this post on HONOR.
- LET THEM CHOOSE: My boys and I love to go snowboarding! We live 5 minutes from the mountain and one day we were riding up a ski lift and my son pointed out this massive jump and he asked me if I thought he could land it. As I looked at this gargantuan jump, I told him that I didn’t think it was the brightest idea that he had ever dreamed up, but that it was his choice. As we reached the top of the lift, he went one way and I went the other. I positioned myself so that I could watch him and see if he took the advice of the almighty king (that would be me). And well, he didn’t! And 10 days later I received a $1500 bill for the broken arm! So maybe I shouldn’t let him choose!!?! Although the financial hit was painful and it was an expensive lesson, I am a firm believer that parents should let their kids choose. That we should even let them intentionally make bad choices. There is no greater life lesson than failure! All that said…I wish I wouldn’t have let him choose that one!! Read the post about my biggest PARENTING FAIL ever!!
AND HERE’S A BONUS ONE FOR FREE…
- PEE SITTING DOWN: Its’ benefits: 1) His wife will love him for it.. 2) Ridiculous arguments over a trivial matter will be avoided That one came to me last night from a Facebook friend…couldn’t pass it up!
Would you take a second and add 1 more to our list?