- Don’t Crave The Spotlight: Kevin Durant is not the star of his own show. He continually praises his team, his coach, the fans, his mom, his brothers and Jesus. “Let another praise you, and not your own mouth; someone else, and not your own lips.” Proverbs 27:2
- Do Whatever it Takes: Here is a quote from KD that says it best, “I’ll play all five positions if my team needs me to.”
- Work Hard: Here are a handful of KD quotes that speaks into hard work, “I know that the hard work got me here and the day I stop working hard, this can all go away”, “Work harder than your opponent”, ” My mother taught me to always be strong and always work hard. She’s been working hard her whole life for me and my brother. I’m a lot like her in that I work hard for what I want. She taught me that.”
- You Never Get too Cool for Mom & Dad: I love how KD always has front row seats for his momma and that after every game he hugs her on national television.
- Love Jesus: Here is a quote from a recent interview KD did regarding his Christian faith… “It comes from my family. I went to a Christian school. I was always intrigued simply about how we got here. Why do we do the things we do? Who made us like this? My mom always sat me down and talked to me and I have spiritual teachers that help me out. I’m not perfect at all by any means. I’ve got a long way to go to become closer to the Lord but hopefully I can continue to stay on the path. I might take a few steps forward and take a couple steps back and take some steps forward, but I want to get better. When I was young we went to church a lot but we didn’t go as much when I grew up and got into middle school and high school. There’s no excuse why I don’t go as much now. I should go more than I do. But in my defense a little bit, I go to chapel before every game and I have a spiritual coach I talk to and he’s helping me out a lot in my walk with the Lord. My teammates here do a great job too sticking together and always praying for each other. I always try to get better in my walk.” This is a great article from Beliefnet, check out the full transcript HERE.
If your an Oklahoma City Thunder fan, leave a comment and let me know who your favorite player is, and why.