The Bible is chalked full of people that did something stupid for Jesus. Like stupid in a non hip, change the freakin world, radical kind of a way.
- King David stripped down to his C3po Underoos and danced and worshipped God.
- Peter jumped out of the boat and walked on water.
- The sinner lady broke open her thousand dollar bottle of Vera Wang Princess Perfume and washed Jesus feet as an act of worship.
- Paul and Silas were rotting away in jail and they sang praises to God.
- The Christians in Acts sold their stuff and gave the cash to those in need. Stupid!!?!
I’m sick of parents raising kids that know ABOUT Jesus, but don’t know him! I am sick of parents that raise their kids to be self-centered Jesus consumers instead of lay your life on the line Jesus contributors. And I am sick of parents that raise their kids to be safe, weak, half-hearted Jesus people instead of radical, sold out, bet the farm, stupid Jesus people.
Here are 5 stupid things every parent needs to teach their kids to do for Jesus!!
- Have your kids read God’s Word the very first thing in the morning for the next 30 days. Forget Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and MySpace (is that even still around)…train your kids to spend time with God the next 30 days. Ooh, yeah! It’s tough to lead what you’re not living out!!
- Challenge your kids to tell 2 friends about Jesus (kids that don’t know Jesus) over the next 30 days. Ooh, yeah! It’s tough to lead what you’re not living out!!
- Ask your kids to step up and sell something over the next 30 days and give the money to someone in need! Ooh, yeah! It’s tough to lead what you’re not living out!! Just so you know, I’m going to say this every time. Just in case you wanted to know.
- Pray the Team Sprad dangerous prayer over your kids every day for the next 30 days. “God, use my kids to change the world today!” God will show up, you just watch and see.
- Speak life to their brother and sister every day for the next 30 days.
Will you accept the do something stupid 30 day challenge??