photo courtesy of stockfreeimages.com
Take a quick second and like EpicParent.tv on FACEBOOK.
- A GODLY FATHERS PRESENCE IS A MUST: Daddios, did you hear what I just said!!?! So many young ladies see their Heavenly Father the way they see their earthly Father. For example…Dad’s, if you are too busy for your daughter they may grow up to think that their Heavenly Father is too busy for them. Dad’s, if you are verbally abusive to your daughter they may grow up walking in fear of their Heavenly Father. If you try to control their every decision they may grow up trying to please their Heavenly Father. (when in fact there is nothing they can do to earn his approval) Dad! Your daughter needs your presence and she needs you to love Jesus more than anything else in this life! If there is not a father in the picture email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I have some ideas that I think will help you in this area.
- SHE MUST BELIEVE SHE IS A DAUGHTER OF THE KING: Crack open your Bible for one second and you will find multiple places that we (you and I) are called “the children of God.” Thus…your daughter is a daughter of God/daughter of the King! So here is the deal mom and dad!! You gotta teach this Biblical promise every single day of their lives! If you don’t want your daughter to become what her friends say about her, if you want her to have a chance at escaping sexual temptation, if you want her to be Spirit lead instead of peer led EVERY SINGLE day that she lives under your roof you have to find some new and creative way to teach her cultivate an unpenetratable belief in her that she is a DAUGHTER OF THE KING!! Can I get an amen? Get me a microphone and I’ll say it again!!
- SHE MUST LEARN TO BE A WISE DECISION MAKER: Teenage girls need to learn how to make wise decisions as they become women. Much of women’s ministry today is crisis intervention. Many crises are brought on by unwise decisions made during the teenage and college years. Girls are maturing earlier, being exposed to temptations earlier, and losing their innocence earlier than in past generations; therefore, we must teach our daughters how to make wise, sometimes non-emotional, God centered, Jesus rooted decisions!
- SHE MUST LEARN THE POWER OF I CAN’T: “But he told me: ‘My kindness is all you need. My power is strongest when you are weak.’ So I will brag even more about my weaknesses in order that Christ’s power will live in me.” 2 Corinthians 12:9 (God’s Word Translation) We must teach our daughters to say I can’t. I can’t stop this addiction. I can’t get past my weakness. I can’t love this friend. I can’t handle being bullied. God’s Word says that when we learn to say “I can’t” the supernatural power of God will kick in and “He Will.”
- YOU MUST LIVE IT OUT: If you want your little girls to grow up and be women of God…you can’t pass down something you’re not living out!!
Leave a comment and tell me which 1 of these 5 things do you need to implement today?