photo © 2013 , Flickr
- Over The Top Celebration: Everything is not a freakin big deal! Don’t train your kiddos to expect their college room mates to clap, celebrate, cheer and front flip when they flush the toilet and take out the trash.
- Fun To Fun: I can’t stand city athletic programs and parents that don’t keep score when kiddos are playing a game. Just in case you didn’t know the score is never just FUN to FUN…someone WINS and someone LOSES!! Teach your kids to win humbly and loose with honor!
- The Silent Treatment: Your kiddos will need counseling if you give them the silent treatment. So many parents give their kids the silent treatment when they are mad, disagree with their kiddos, when their kids play a bad game, when they walk away from Jesus, if they are gay, make a poor choice, choose stupid friends… I think you get the idea! We may not agree with our kiddos, but we must walk in maturity and keep all lines of communication open.
- Be Best Friends: You’re an adult for crying out loud! Be your kids parent, not their best friend!
- Be Perfect: Your kiddos need to know that you fail, that your marriage is not perfect, that you have made stupid financial decisions…the last thing your kiddos need is a perfect mom and dad.
So here is the question of the day…
Do you make your (or did you make) your kiddos walk on egg shells? If so, please share your story!!