10 Signs You’re Abusing Your Kids!!
- At the end of the day, do you pick up all your kiddos stuff? Dishes? Evil Knievel action figures? Undies? Junk in the living room? If so, I think it’s awesome that you are getting her accustomed to having an expensive personal servant when she becomes a young adult.
- When your kiddos ask to go see The Avengers (which is awesome btw…), when they want the new KD’s or when they have to have the new Dora backpack…do you jump to it and make it happen ASAP? If so, you’re teaching him that the world owes him everything he wants without any work or effort on his part.
- Do you let your kids disregard adults and give wimpy hand shakes. If so, your teaching them a habit of dishonor that will plague them for the rest of their lives.
- Have you exposed your kids to Snooki and Jersey Shore? Do you STILL have the Victoria Secret catalog delivered to your home? (WAKE UP!! Your sons are checking this out and maybe even masturbating to it) Do you joke with your sons about T & A? (dads, you know who you are). If so, you very well may be preparing them for a lifelong addiction to porn.
- If you and your spouse have a throw down…do you bad mouth, dishonor and tear down your spouse in front of your son? If so, your teaching them destructive patterns they will carry into their marriage.
- Do you encourage (hm, hm…force) your kids to play basketball, football, chess, piano, join the yearbook staff, start a band, launch a business, make straight A’s and have a boyfriend!!?! If so, you’re probably trying to make up for all your failures and inadequacies!! You’re also teaching your son to be an overachiever and a people pleaser.
- FORCE your kids to behave like nice little Christian kids and the result is fake little Christian kids that will one day run away from Jesus!!
- Constantly interfere in your childs’ play dates, then you will constantly interfere in your kids’ clothing choice, then you will constantly interfere in your kids’ dating life, then you will constantly interfere in your kids’ college choice only to find out that you no longer have a kid to interfere with!
- Do you give your kids the silent treatment when you disapprove of their behavior? If so…STOP IT! That’s child abuse! Get help now.
- When your son is reprimanded (by a teacher, activity leader, neighbor or law enforcement officer), do you immediately assume that they are picking on your child? This teaches lack of respect, the ability to politely defend oneself, and a warped sense of prejudice leading to the feeling that “everyone is against me.” Thanks to http://www.peanut.org/nuke/ for this one!!
Are you guilty of acceptable child abuse? Which one of the previous examples do you struggle with?