So here is my confession.
I absolutely, 100%, hate family devotions.
Yep, I know that saying this will banish me to a life of hell, flames and gnashing of teeth…but I’m just not a family devotional kind of a guy.
I feel like MY family devo’s are forced. I know their boring.
Honestly, I think my boys had rather get shot in the privates with a paint ball gun that sit through one of dad’s 2 point, point proving, sit your butt down and listen devotionals!!?!
There are seasons when we feel God is calling us to teach in this format, but it just doesn’t fit Team Sprad very well.
Does anyone else feel the same way? Or am I way out on a limb here?
Jodie and I just don’t do family devo’s very much!! We believe that Jesus is more interested in our devotion that he is our devotions.
So instead of devos, this fall Team Sprad is focusing on these 5 THINGS as a tool to teach our kids about Jesus…
Click on all 5 links to get the whole scoop!!
- The Story: The Story is an innovative Bible that tells the stories of the Bible in a chronological flow. Team Sprad is taking the next few months to teach our kids the outrageous, faith filled, life changing stories of the Bible. We don’t plan on sitting down and having family devo’s to do this, but Jodie and I will empower our kids to read and journal on their own.
- Chia Shrek: This fall Team Sprad plans on using Chia-Shrek theology to invest in the spiritual life of our kids.
- 5 Minute Moments: Take 5 minutes and see God supernaturally transform your daughter’s life.
- You’re Not Enough: This is next level parenting stuff, MUST READ.
- 10 Questions: These 10 questions will tear down the awkward communication barriers between you and your kids.
Do you struggle with having family devotions? Do you hate having family devotions? Do you feel like they are ineffective? Leave a comment and let me know what you think?