photo courtesy of stockfreeimages.com
5 Signs Your A Workaholic Stay At Home Mom:
- You rush through simple, bonding, loving, nurturing and unplanned special moments with your kids to get to the “planned activity”.
- Your kids always ask you, “what’s wrong”? They can sense you don’t have time for them, you have to get to the next “task”.
- No more healthy meals, you just don’t have time!
- Your exhausted, worn out, burnt out and have become the “yelling mom” because you just can’t get everything done.
- Your priority has become doing laundry, cleaning, planning meals, going on field trips, sitting on the PTA, teaching sunday school…BLAH, BLAH, BLAH (am I right?).
6 Stress Free “Mom” Tips:
- DO Less Be More: Stop doing as much and just be with your kids, they are simply hungry for your presence.
- Be Good Enough: Mom’s with the never ending “task list” usually create unrealistic and stressful homes. It’s ok to just be “good enough”.
- Set Your Work Hours: It’s easy for mom’s to log in 12 to 15 hours a day, set your work hours and be done.
- Have “ME” Time: You have to set aside time for just you…work out, soak in the hot springs (can you tell I live in Colorado), go to T.J. Maxx or get a pedicure
- Time With Your Father: You have to set aside time with your Heavenly Father, if your not getting this right, nothing else is going to work.
- Just Say No: Say no to a holiday party, school fundraiser or cooking dinner (my wife is next to me, she told me to write that )
Are you a workaholic mom? Which of these “6 Stress Free Mom Tips” do you need to implement today?