* photo from stockfreeimages.com
I was flipping channels last week and came across ABC’s Shark Tank.
Shark Tank is show where young entrepreneurs pitch a business idea to potential investors.
The loud, bold, outrageous and eccentric Mark Cuban, owner of the Dallas Mavericks, is one of the “I’m gonna tell you what I really think” investors.
As Mark is “projectile vomiting” business wisdom on the studio audience, he said something that really caught my attention.
If you don’t know who Mark Cuban is, here is some helpful info…
- Mark is the highly successful entrepreneur and investor who founded HDNet
- He is the genius behind the multi – million dollar Broadcast.com
- He started and sold Microsolutions
- Mark is the owner of The Dallas Mavericks (who were put out of their misery by the Oklahoma City Thunder…Can I get an AMEN!!)
- Mark owns multiple cable, movie and internet driven companies
- He is worth an estimated 2.5 billion dollars
So as I was watching SharkTank, here is what Mark Cuban said that impressed the heck out of me…
“Do you want to know how I got my start.”
“I got my start when I was 12 years old.”
“I asked my dad to buy me an expensive pair of basketball shoes, he said no…”
“So I went door to door selling trash bags, earning MY OWN money to buy those shoes.”
Mark Cuban was told “NO” and it fueled a creative, resourceful, resiliant, entrepreneurial spirit in Mark.
Mom and Dad, what do you need to say “NO” to today?
- New shoes
- Fun Dip
- Amusement park pass
- Leap Frog
- Miss Me Jeans
- A hip and hot Garanimals outfit
- A Longboard
- American Girl Doll
Mom and Dad…
I believe that when we PROVIDE we actually DEPRIVE!!
Bam…that was good. I’m gonna say that again.
WHEN YOU PROVIDE
(don’t email me…you get the idea)
What is 1 thing you need to say “NO” to today?