photo from stockfreeimages.com
- Sign your kids’ up for competitive sports. Your kiddos will learn to be resilient and disciplined if they practice 5 days a week and play tournaments on the weekends. This is also a great way for you to vicariously live through your son.
- Push your kids to be involved in multiple activities at the same time. This will expand your daughter’s bandwidth and future opportunities. You will see their schedule explode and your marriage implode. Give it a try.
- Make sure your elementary kid has an iPhone, you don’t want them to get left in the technology “dust” and be the only kid at school who is not sending 2400 text messages a month.
- Spend $500 on back to school shopping for each of your kiddos. If you don’t have the money, charge it…because you want their identity to be wrapped up in WHO they are vs. WHOSE they are.
- Take your kiddos to church once a week. This will give them one hour a week of Jesus and another 167 hours that week to not think about Jesus again.
- Spend quality time with your kids watching pay per view, The Wiggles, Fat Albert, playing Modern Warfare and Lego Star Wars. Teach them what quality Father/Son time looks like.
- You had to work at a young age, reverse that curse! Don’t make your kids work. You serve them by picking up their room, cleaning their bathroom, paying for every sporting event, season pass, package of gum, shoes, car, insurance, iPhone, iPad and iPod. And be sure to stop by the DMV and pick them up a blue handicapped placard as well.
- Give your kids the freedom to date in Elementary & Jr. High, after all you wouldn’t buy a car without driving it first.
- Buy mom jeans you can’t afford, go in debt and live beyond your means…leave your kids a legacy of financial debt that they can leave to their kids.
- Be a workaholic mom, teach your kids that the cleanliness of your home matters more than relationships.
And yeah…not so much!
The most important job that every parent must step into is…
Teach your kids to be wholly dedicated, kingdom minded, irrationally obedient, weird, radical, strange followers of Jesus!
Somebody get behind the organ, get some music going because I’m about to preach it! Can I get an AMEN!!
Seriously…it seems that we prioritize our kids’ sports, our kids’ music, our kids’ comfort, our kids’ self-esteem, our kids’ acceptance and our kids’ fashion OVER our kids’ relationship with Jesus.
PARENTS!! Freaking wake up. Jesus is all that matters. When it is all said and done it doesn’t matter how many touchdowns your son makes…the only thing that truly matters is that they KNOW Jesus!
** Notice I didn’t say, “the only ting that truly matters is do they KNOW ABOUT Jesus. No, No, No. They must KNOW Him!
Are you guilty? What is 1 thing you can do today to foster a growing, passionate, intimate, Jesus centered relationship in your kids?
WHAT’S NEXT: Check out this post, TEACH YOUR KIDS’ TO DO THESE 5 STUPID THINGS FOR JESUS.