- If your kids don’t agree with your opinion, do you shut down?
- Maybe your kiddos mention they don’t like church, do you retreat from the conversation?
- Maybe they come in late from curfew, do you stop interacting with them for a couple of days?
- Your daughter dates someone you disapprove of, do you shut them out emotionally?
- Your kids make you mad, do you walk out of the room silently? Just enough to gouge their heart?
- What if your oldest doesn’t want to play football anymore, do you ignore him for a while?
- Maybe your youngest tells you that he is gay…didn’t expect that one!! Do you shut him out?
- What if your kid cheats on a test or makes a bad grade? Is your choice of discipline the silent treatment?
- Your son plays a horrible game, doesn’t give his best effort, do you give him the cold shoulder?
What happens to your kids when you give them the silent treatment…
- You kill their heart!
- They will loose their true identity and try everything they can to get your approval
- They will try everything they can to get their boyfriends approval (EVERYTHING)
- You will cage their heart.
- They will not be able to be themselves, they will always be feeling out your mood.
- Your kids wont ask friends over, because there scared you will disapprove of their friends.
- Your kids would rather you punish them and get it over with.
- Your kids will grow up thinking they have always done something wrong.
So here is epicparent’s loving advice to parents who give the silent treatment….
ASK FOR THEIR FORGIVENESS
THE SILENT TREATMENT IS CHILD ABUSE