What if we focused less on our kids’ “grand entrance into the world” birthday and we focused more on our kids’ spiritual birthday.
The day our kids surrendered to Jesus.
The day our kids became the son/daughter of God.
The day our kids were freed from slavery.
The day our kids became NEW.
The day our kids’ lives became the home of The Holy Spirit!
My daughter, Kylie Faith, was 9 years old. We were at LifeChurch.tv’s LifeStock celebration. LifeStock was where several thousand “LifeChurcher’s” would gather at a local theme park and amphitheater. We would eat, play sand volleyball, puke on the tea cups (remember those??), worship and baptize hundreds of new Christians.
So while I was in the inflatable pool baptizing people…
Jesus was speaking and drawing Little Miss. Kylie Faith to Himself!!
My wife, Jodie, told me that Kylie Faith’s Jesus encounter went a lil somethin like this…
Kylie: “Mom, God is talking to my heart right now”
Mom: “What is he saying to you…”
Kylie: “He is telling me to go to him.” “I just keep hearing go, go, go, go, go, go…” “I believe it’s time for me to go to Him.”
Jodie knelt right there with Kylie as she invited the Creator, Holy One, Provider, Healer and Savior into her life.
This is the single most important day of Kylie’s earthly life!!
And tell me again why parents spend very little intentional time celebrating the day their kids came to Christ?
So today’s parenting advice is…
CELEBRATE YOUR KIDS’ SPIRITUAL BIRTHDAY!!
Here are 5 ideas to get you started…
- Don’t Know The Date…WHO CARES: Pick a day! Any day! Pick a day that will be set aside to worship, honor and celebrate when your kids became followers of Jesus.
- Do Communion: Take communion at your home with the entire fam.
- Cancel School: That’s right baby! Team Sprad is always looking for ways to ditch school. Parents should set this day aside as a Family Holy Day.
- Tell The Story: Sit around the chiminea and have each family member tell the story of when they came to Jesus.
- The Blessing: I believe that mom and dad should end the night by praying over every person in the home. Pray that they would walk in the FOG (favor of God). Pray God blesses them. Pray God gives them supernatural opportunities. Pray God uses them to be Kingdom minded world changers. Pray God that they…
Will you share your story?
Leave a comment and tell the EpicParent family about the day your kiddos gave their life to Christ.